Applications for Spring 2015 will OPEN on December 1
Blue Startups Cohort Recruitment
Blue Startups intends to recruit teams both in Hawaii and globally via our media outreach, mentor network, promotional partners and affiliations with Asian and Silicon Valley accelerators and the Global Accelerator Network. Blue Startups will select only teams that are highly qualified with a demonstrated ability to succeed. All selected companies must be at a stage in the companies’ life where it is able to take advantage of the program; while at the same time have enough progress with the product that risks of failure have been mitigated. All teams will be required to submit an application via the F6S online application platform maintained by GAN.
- Minimum of two founders per team, maximum of four founders on a team.
- The majority of the team must live in Hawaii for the duration of the program.
- One co-founder must have a technical background.
The Blue Startups Healthtech track is looking for one promising healthtech company to take advantage of this intensive program for health IT ventures. Over a 4-month period, in addition to participating in the regular Blue Startups accelerator program, the selected company will be paired with seasoned healthtech mentors, work with and learn from leading practitioners in the field, and have doors opened to prospective customers. The goal of the program is to jump start healthtech companies developing innovative solutions to real world healthtech problems.
Blue Startups Healthtech was created in partnership with the Hawaiʻi Health Connector. The Hawaiʻi Health Connector (the Connector) is the online health insurance Marketplace, created to help individuals and small businesses take advantage of the health insurance choices available to them. The Connector is not an insurance company nor member to any political party or interest group.
In particular, this initiative is seeking entrepreneurs in healthtech that are working on solving problems in the following areas:
- Inefficiencies in the health care management and patient/claims management.
- Technology to help create better education, preventative care, care management, and/or outcomes.
- Technology to improve usability of state marketplaces, and create new revenue and partnership opportunities for state marketplaces.
- Simplifying the process to help tech-averse providers manage their patients and businesses electronic record keeping and data management.
- Technology that helps consumers take more control over their own healthcare and management.
Benefits to the selected company in addition to the regular Blue Startups program include:
- Lead mentor assigned with specific expertise from the Connector’s senior executive team.
- Partnership to reach stakeholders of the Connector (small businesses, insurance providers, state and federal agencies, other state marketplaces).
- Market testing of product with a built-in customer base.
- Promotion via the Connector’s website (substantial traffic).